Specific lottery information for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year will be posted here shortly. Please watch for our "Open Application Period" announcement- here on our website as well as on our social media pages. Thank you!
The lottery procedures will be as follows:
- The lottery will take place within 30 calendar days of closing the Application Period as defined above.
- The lottery will take place on the school's campus or in a facility large enough to allow all interested parties who wish to attend to do so.
- All interested parties will know, prior to the holding of the lottery, how many openings are available in the school and in the different grades served by the school.
- The lottery will take place on a given published date.
- The charter school will comply with all applicable state and federal laws and with the chartering authority's policy as it relates to the oversight of charter schools.
- The lottery shall draw names from a general pool of ballots.
- A representative of the school shall draw the ballots.
- The drawing shall continue until all names are drawn. Those individuals whose names are drawn after all spaces have been filled will be placed on that school year's waitlist in the order drawn, except if the preferences described above require otherwise.
- Any enrollment applications that are received after the Application Period and/or lottery are completed for whom there is not a space available shall have their name placed on that school year's waitlist in the order received after all names drawn in the lottery.
- The waitlist shall remain in place only during the current school year, and shall not carry over into future school years, instead all students shall be subject to the Application Period process for each new school year.
The following is the hierarchy of preferences for enrollment in the charter school.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the charter school.
- Siblings of students who are presently enrolled.
- Children of teachers will be enrolled on a first come first serve basis, not to exceed 10% of the total enrollment.
- Students who reside within the Lake Elsinore Unified School District, Donald Graham Elementary School boundaries.
- Students who reside within the Lake Elsinore Unified School District.
- All other applicants